Inner City mainstream Lewisham secondary school is recruiting for either a experienced SEN Teaching Assistant / Behaviour Support Co-Teacher / Behaviour Mentor / Learning Mentor to work in the inclusion department at KS3 – KS4 levels. This is a long Term January 2019 vacancy.
This is a forward thinking inner city mainstream Lewisham secondary school Modernised building with first-rate facilities at school. Vibrant secondary school they teaches through the Key Stages with a supportive Inclusion & SEN department. Innovative & Creative secondary school that that is successfully going in the right direction. They have a strong ethos and have made some excellent changes within the school and inclusion. Geographical this inner city secondary school is in a deprived part of Lewisham, where there are some external challenges. This school is working with some strong partnerships both internal and external. This school over the years has gone through some changes and is going in the right direction. Inspiring & ambitious Head with a successful background in secondary education. Strong pastoral team and support staff with a successful SENCO and Inclusion Manager.
New position for a long term January 2019 appointment. At present they would like to recruit a full time experienced SEN Teaching Assistant / co-teacher / Behaviour Mentor to work within the Inclusion department. Currently recruiting for someone with a background in counselling/ CBT/ Psychology/ Youth Community work (JNC) or youth work as they would be doing small group sessions or 1-2-1 pupils. Supportive & dedicated inclusion team who aim to make a difference in young lives. Additionally the school endeavour to ensure that students achieve their full potential. In order to be successful in this inclusion post as a SEN Teaching Assistant / co-teacher / Behaviour Mentor post you must have a relevant degree. It would be preferable in counselling/psychology or sociology). At present they are looking for a Co-Teacher / SEN TA / Teaching Assistant / Behaviour Mentor who can work with students on a 1-2-1 basis and in small groups at both KS3 & 4. Within this post you would be working with vulnerable pupils so you must be sympathetic, empathetic and can really engage and build a strong rapport. This would either suit a Grad or an experienced person.
* You will have a degree (ie Sociology/ Psychology/ Youth work/ counselling etc)
* Experience working with secondary school students (beneficial is you have inclusion experience but not essential for the role) as a Teaching Assistant /Behaviour Mentor / SEN Teaching Assistant / Co-teacher
* Some form of experience SEN TA / Behaviour Mentor / Co Teacher/ CBT / Youth Community experience with KS3 & KS4 students or Graduate with experience working with Secondary students.
* Must live in close proximity to either Lewisham or South East London
* Mainstream inclusion Secondary School experience as a Co-teacher /Teaching Assistant /Behaviour Mentor / SEN Teaching Assistant or Grad
* Can build a strong rapport with pupils as an inclusion Co-teacher / Teaching Assistant /Behaviour Mentor / SEN Teaching Assistant