Innovative and Creative Southwark secondary school is currently recruiting for a permanent Head of Chemistry (experienced Science Teacher). This role is to start in September 2018.
This popular school has advanced so much and gone far in the past year. New Head teacher is focused, dynamic and is an inspirational leader. The Head has a successful track record of running successful schools and implementing new and robust strategies. Exemplary Senior Leadership Team in place that have individual strengths. The school is very focused on Teaching and Learning and this is echoed throughout. Students respond well to well structured, engaging lessons where they are praised and enthused. The teaching at this school is Good to Outstanding and imperative that it is mirrored throughout the school and for new teaching staff.
Due to new strategic planning and promotion, a new appointment is available for a Head of Chemistry for September 2018 at This Southwark school. This is a full time and permanent Head of Chemistry / Science Teacher position. This role would suit an experienced Science Teacher or an already Head of Chemistry. This post offers either MPS or UPS with a good TLR. You must have taught in a mainstream secondary school at a minimum of Key Stage 3 & 4. It is imperative that you have a secondary teaching certificate (ie QTS, PGCE, GTP, ITT etc). It is important that you have strong leadership and managerial qualities, able to lead a team successfully and effectively as Head of Chemistry / Science Teacher/Teacher of Science. You will have an excellent track record of assessment for learning and teaching and learning. This role needs a strong leader who is decisive, firm but fair. This is an excellent time to start where you can make a difference to the department and where you can essentially make your mark as Head of Chemistry as an experienced Science Teacher/Teacher of Science.
* Must have a secondary teaching certificate (PGCE/ ITT/ GTP/ QTS/ Teach First)
* Must have Secondary mainstream school Science Teacher experience.
* Able to teach a minimum of KS3 &4 as a Science Teacher
* Good to Outstanding experienced Science Teacher/ Teacher of Science/ 2IC/ HOD.
* You will either be in a similar post OR looking for the next step into a HOD role (ie currently a coordinator /2IC etc)
* Able to teach a Good to Outstanding lesson as a Science Teacher / HOD
* Excellent leader and manager and experience in managing a team as an experienced Science Teacher / HOD.
* Able to enthuse, engage and inspire your students with fun and Creative lessons as a Science Teacher