Learning Support Assistant – SEMH – Required for a school in Barking and Dagenham
Servcoca Education are currently recruiting for Learning Supporting Assistants who have experience working with children and young people who have Social Emotional and Mental Health needs.
The students may come from a troubled background involving, abuse, gang violence or may be looked after children. Therefore it is imperative the successful applicant is a positive role model and helps to keep the student on the right track. Typically, these students will find it difficult to flourish in a mainstream school so will attend a PRU. The successful applicants will be working 1:1
* SEN Learning Support Assistant – SEMH
* Barking and Dagenham – Full time
* ASAP start
* £75-85 per day, depending on experience
As an SEN Learning Support Assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses (PGCE, Schools Direct and Teach First) to further your experience working within SEN schools. This would also be a good opportunity for people who are actively involved in the community supporting youths.
* Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support 1:1
* Play a pivotal part in raising attainment throughout the school
* Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
* Making and creating resources
* Helping to raise the attainment of the students
* Supporting the needs of students with SEMH and challenging behaviour
* To work alongside and learn from a talented and supportive team of teachers
* To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
* Adapt techniques to suit learners
* To monitor and track pupil progress
* Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
* NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
* Experience of working with children or young people who have SEMH/Challenging Behaviour
* A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
* A genuine passion for working with youths
* Available to commit to at least July 2021
If you are interested, please apply below.
Servoca Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation