NQT of Geography - Redbridge - September 2021 - Permanent Contract
We are looking for a Geography Teacher for an OUTSTANDING secondary school that offers excellent opportunities for professional development. The school offers comprehensive CPD, exciting development opportunities and good promotion prospects for our teachers.
The main purpose of this teaching role is to achieve outstanding examination results for all classes taught, to lead an outstanding tutor group within a pastoral year team and to promote the school’s ethos and vision through, for example, active engagement with the school’s house system. This is an exciting role for enthusiastic teachers as we prepare our students for GCSE and beyond.
The successful applicant will be joining an innovative and energetic staff group that seeks to deliver an outstanding curriculum, and will be well supported by an experienced Senior Leadership Team.
They will be a strong classroom practitioner with a commitment to achieving the highest standards both academically and in terms of the learning habits and personal dispositions of our students.
The successful candidate will have:
• A good degree and Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach Geography to at least KS4
• Knowledge of the requirements of the National Curriculum
• An understanding of recent curriculum / learning developments
• An understanding of the strategies required to motivate and enthuse all students across the ability range as part of a whole school approach to raising achievement
• An understanding of the processes and techniques required to assess, record and report students’ learning effectively
• Ability to be reflective and driven towards self-improvement
• Energy and enthusiasm
• A commitment to the ethos of the school.
About the school:
• Exceptional professional development and career progression
• Positive working relationships at all levels
• A supportive and lively Leadership Team.
• On site parking and great public transport links
Please apply now! Or contact Grace Macdonald directly on email@example.com or 0207 747 3033. Interviews are commencing as early as next week!