Servoca, is working with numerous 'Primary and Secondary Schools, located in and around the London Borough of Hounslow. These schools require Learning Support Workers, who specialise in Autism Support ,with the intention to stay on permanent at the end of the academic year.
The school has seen growing success in academic achievements and the successful Learning Support Worker would be joining staffing teams, currently supporting and motivating their students living on the ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) to achieve their individual best.
As devoted Learning Support Workers, you will be assigned a pupil whose progress you will observe and monitor and support socially, emotionally and academically on a 1:1 basis. The role will be based in the classroom, so an exceptional level of confidence with academics is essential.
Ideally with the knowledge of Team Teach, as Learning Support Workers, the successful candidates will apply the skills they’ve previously learned when dealing with EBD (Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties) or SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health) issues in children and young adolescents from similar roles.
A flexible nature and experience working across all Key Stages would be highly beneficial, as your role may include supporting both Primary and Secondary aged pupils. You will be expected to report to the SENCO, whilst liaising with parents and other local professionals.
What the pupils need from you:
* Clear communication and support across academic and personal challenges
* Guidance with emotional and social issues
* Dedication to the entire academic year to provide consistent support
* A mentor and buddy they can look up to, to make the right life choices
What we require from you:
* Applied Behaviour Analysis Certification (Desirable)
* Behaviour management experience and Team Teach (Desirable)
* The ability to deliver a structured programme with guidance from Senior staff
* A positive, resilient and encouraging personality
The successful candidate must provide the appropriate documents, references and possess an Enhanced Childcare DBS on the Update Service before beginning employment.