A mainstream Primary School, based in the London borough of Ealing, are now currently on the lookout for an experienced Behaviour Mentor and Learner Support Assistant to join their team from September 2020.
You will be working across the Primary School in both classroom settings, as well as in practical based environments, supporting students to become successful adults and contributing members of society. The aim is to sustain relationships and employment, maintain healthy households and teach these students how to help and manage their emotions and feelings, and be expressive in a positive way. You will be supporting behaviour management amongst the pupils, as well as ensuring the social and emotional needs of the children are met.
We are looking for confident individuals who are passionate about making a difference and have experience working with Special Educational Needs. Previous experience as a Youth worker and supporting children with challenging behaviour would be extremely beneficial. This role requires excellent skills and major dedication, if you have what it takes then this may just be the role for you!
About the role:
* Working hours: 8.30am - 16.00pm.
* Daily rate: £65.00 - £85.00 (Dependent on experience).
* Permanent opportunities available for the right candidate.
* Excellent transport links.
* Assisting the class teachers
* Working together with parents/carers to keep them up to date with student progression.
* Work with pupils on a 1:1 and small group basis.
* Provide positive learning experiences to make the students feel valued.
* Respond to individual needs appropriately and effectively.
* Be a positive role model to the learners.
* Practice positive behaviour management techniques.
* Able to think quickly on your feet and use initiative where necessary.
* Have experience working with Special Educational Needs with young people.
* Be able to provide a valid Enhanced DBS certificate on the Update Service.
* Be an enthusiastic and committed individual.
* Be willing to go the extra mile to ensure the needs of children are met.
* Team Teach, Positive Behaviour Management and Restraint training will be advantageous, but not required.
* Previous sporting background and knowledge (ideal).