Ealing - Southall
£28,286 - £45,086
Starting January 2020
We are looking to appoint an inspirational English teacher who shares our belief in the highest standards of academic attainment in a comprehensive setting. This is a rare opportunity to be centrally involved in establishing an outstanding school from its early stages. This role may suit someone with KS5 experience.
The successful candidate will:
* have excellent subject knowledge
* achieve outstanding student attainment outcomes
* possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of southall residents.
Successful school, 11-19 co-education with students from a variety of religions, faiths and countries. Students at this school work, play and flourish together as the school has an outstanding environment developing respect and understanding for each other so that they are well prepared for their adult lives.
School has over 1300 pupils and almost 180 teaching and supporting staff. The school has a rapidly improving sixth form with just over 20 students taking a variety of advanced level and BTEC course. The school is constantly improving year on year and their progress 8 data has put our performance among the top 12% in the country, which demonstrates that the school offers effective learning whilst maintaining concern for the individual.
To deliver outstanding teaching, to ensure effective student learning in the subject and to achieve excellent results for the students.
To be a role-model and impact positively on the academy more widely.
* To plan, resource and deliver imaginative, interactive and inspiring lessons that ensure that effective learning takes place and students make excellent progress
* To provide a nurturing and stimulating classroom and academy environment that helps students to develop as learners
* To maintain/establish positive behaviour for learning across the whole academy
* To contribute to the effective working of the academy
* To support students in the acquisition and development of learning dispositions and positive character traits
* To provide stimulating and enriching extra-curricular opportunities for students and potentially for members of the wider school community
* To be accountable for student progress and attainment levels in their own classes.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.