SEN Teaching Assistant
Servoca Education works with some of the best schools in London and is currently recruiting for a school in Harrow. The school is home to a pupil referral unit, hospital school and an outreach service, all for students aged from 5-16. They are looking to interview and trial ASAP so please get in touch now!
The position is for a primary teaching assistant with experience in special needs who would be able to work with KS1 & KS2 students with complex SEN and challenging behaviours. The role is full time beginning in January, with a view to go permanent for the right candidate. There would also be the opportunity for some additional responsibility in running some social skills groups for the students.
* The ideal candidate will have experience of working with children with SEN, particularly complex needs and challenging behaviour
* Recent graduates and candidates with experience working within SEN and the care industry will also be considered.
* A can do attitude and a willingness to help in other areas of the classroom
* The ability to use initiative and work well under pressure
* The ability to communicate effectively with the children and other staff members
* The role will involve working with pupils that display challenging behaviour
* Assisting students in their learning both on a 1-1 and group basis
* Assessing and accommodating individual learning needs of students
* Reporting on individual pupils progress
* encouraging the social and emotional development of pupils
If you would like to work in this or any other SEN school then please email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org today!