Inner London – Hackney
‘Good’ Secondary School/ Academy
Are you a Biology specialist with experience teaching up to A Level?
This good school in Hackney is currently looking for a hardworking and positive teacher to work in the science department as a biology teacher. The ideal Biology teacher will be qualified, have a science related degree and is a passionate educator.
The ideal Biology teacher will be joining a small well-resourced, solid department and will be required to deliver lessons to GCSE and up to A level.
This academy is located 8 minutes away from Hoxton station by bus. The school is located in the heart of the borough of Hackney and caters to students from year 7 to year 13.
The science department is made of fifteen experienced specialist members of staff, ably supported by three laboratory technicians. There are eight well-equipped Laboratories which are shared between all members of the department. The school science department is supportive, enthusiastic, caring department and also believe in a strongly in the team ethic.
The department strives to foster within students a love of science.
They aim to:
* Excite and enthuse children with sense of awe and wonder at the natural world.
* Develop an appreciation of how science has contributed to the historical and cultural development of our society
* Give practical experience of how scientists make observations on the natural world, come up with hypotheses and carry out experiments to obtain evidence to support or disprove these hypotheses
* Cause children to understand the importance of evidence when making decisions and to be able to judge whether the claims of the media, advertisers, politicians, journalists, etc. Are evidence-based and reliable.
* Give students enough evidence-based knowledge to be able to make informed personal judgements in order to lead healthy, safe, comfortable and environmentally sustainable lives.
* Develop awareness of the conclusions of important scientific theories in a concrete and accessible way.
100% A*-B in Biology
100% A*-B in Physics
94% A*-C in Chemistry
TLR options for experienced teachers are also available as well as excellent induction programmes for NQT’s
* Biology teacher
* Good secondary school and sixth form
* Diverse and multicultural
* PGCE Qualifications with QTS
* Successful track record of improving pupils performance
* Eligible to work in the UK
* DBS/Police Check
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, send us your CV today!