Maths Teaching Assistant – Graduate
Secondary School based in Lewisham
1 Year contract – Full time position
September 2019 start
Direct Teacher training opportunities
Are you a recent graduate and aspiring to become a Maths teacher? An outstanding Secondary School, based close to Lewisham station is looking for a Maths Teaching Assistant. This School is able to offer direct teacher training to exceptional candidates after 1 year’s classroom experience. This school is also hoping to offer the successful candidate a permanent contract after 1 year. This School works towards making a positive contribution to the school community and the wider community they serve.
What are they looking for? The Head teacher is currently looking for either a recent Graduate or someone with experience. Experience required could be in a classroom setting, nursery, tutoring, involving sports or charitable work etc.
If you are a recent gradate, you will need the following:
* A degree graded 2:1 or above
* A maths degree or a related subject
* A minimum of 3 months working with or closely to Children (paid or unpaid) *
* Able to commit a full academic year and work full time
* Experience required could be in a classroom setting, nursery, tutoring, involving sports or charitable work etc.
The successful Maths Teaching Assistant will be helping pupils to fulfil their academic potential and be able to achieve their ambitions. The role will include helping pupils from key stage 3 (KS3) up to key stage 5 (KS5) and will involve working as a general TA but also on a 1:1 basis with some pupils. The successful Maths Teaching Assistant will be enthusiastic and a part of developing pupils skills and attributes needed to live happy, safe and productive adult lives.
* Teaching Assistant – Graduate or Experienced
* Direct teacher training opportunity
* Bespoke training schemes
* Competitive pay rates, £65 - £75 per day
* Lewisham, local train stations nearby
* Good location
* Ofsted rated ‘Good’ School
* Secondary School
* KS3, KS4 and KS4
Maths Teaching Assistant – Full time – 1 Year – September 2019 – Graduate – Lewisham