Science Technician – Newham
We are looking for outstanding and academically driven Science Technician for a high achieving secondary school in Newham.
The successful candidate will be working full time within the Science Department, working hours will be 8:30-16:00 Monday-Friday.
The role itself will be to support the Science teaching programme by providing technical and practical support to the department, assist with the maintenance of equipment and provide a healthy and safe working environment.
The successful candidate will have experience of supporting GCSE and A-level Science, have a Science background, and experience of working in a laboratory or in a secondary school.
* Support the Science teaching programme
* Provide technical and practical support to the department
* Assist with the maintenance of equipment
* Provide a healthy and safe working environment
* Build rapport with students in science lessons
* Individualised work with students and small groups within a classroom
* Help children to gain a better understanding of the Sciences
* “Good” Ofsted rating (2015)
* Newham Location
* £21,000 - £24,000
* Accessible transport links to the school
* Supportive Department, regular CPD and staff days out
* Bachelors Degree in Science (any discipline)
* Proven Science Technician experience within the UK
* Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
* Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police check