Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistants/LSAs – Team Teach - “Good” SEN Secondary School in Lambeth – January 2019 start!
I am currently working with an Ofsted rated “Good” SEN Secondary School in the Borough of Lambeth who are recruiting a number of Behaviour Teaching Assistants to start work in January 2019!
* Behaviour Specialist Teaching Assistants
* £60 - £100 per day (depending on experience)
* Borough of Lambeth – excellent public transport links
* January 2019 start!
Are you an experienced SEN or SEMH TA/LSA ready to take on a new challenge?
Are you passionate about working with special educational needs and making a real difference to childrens' lives?
If so, please read on!
This is a great school which caters for students with a range of needs such as behaviour, communication, emotional and social development and PMLD. Students are supported and encouraged to be the best that they can be and parental involvement is welcomed.
Staff receive regular training to support students displaying challenging behaviour as well as continuous professional development sessions focused on effective differentiation of lessons to enable all students to learn at their own pace.
Within this role you will be responsible for teaching a small class of 4-6 students with SEMH needs/challenging behaviour. You must be confident to plan and deliver engaging lessons to your students and be well equipped with resources to help each student understand. Additional support staff will assist you in the classroom.
To be considered for the role you will need the following:
* Team Teach Qualification or other positive handling experience
* Previous experience of supporting students with SEN (SEMH/PRU/Alternative education attachment and trauma issues)
* Knowledge of the UK curriculum
* Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment
* Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
* Ability to develop rapport with SEN students
* Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of students with SEN
* Ability to deal with the physical challenges of the job (which likely will necessitate running and physical intervention at times)
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please email your CV to me today!