Community-based larger than average college in the borough of Bromley. Currently recruiting for Learning Support Assistant (LSA). This role is to start in January 2019.
This is a good college with a successful Head of College, senior leadership team and SEN department. Teaching & Support at this college is Good with outstanding features. It is imperative that all new teaching and support staff are able to demonstrate this. Students know what is to be expected of them and some require additional support, depending on the SEN (Special Educational Needs) requirements. Some of the students would require support which would essentially differ depending on their statement. It could be to do with behavioural needs, personal needs or academic requirements.
Currently recruiting for a January 2019 Learning Support Assistant (LSA) who will be working with students on either a 1:1 or small groups basis. There are short term and long term posts at this college for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) and would suit either an experienced Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant / TA / Learning Mentor or a Graduate Teaching Assistant. The successful experienced LSA / TA / Learning Mentor or a Graduate Teaching Assistant must have experience working with either SEN, secondary school or college students. It is essential that you can build a strong rapport with students, passionate about education, able to lead with clear example and clarity. You will be liaising with the SENCO or Inclusion Manager.
* You will preferably a degree (BSc/ MSc/ MA/BA/ BEd)
* Experience working with College or Secondary School Student (KS4 and/or A Levels)
* Either a Graduate Teaching Assistant/ HLTA/ Teaching Assistant/ Learning Mentor/ Tutor
* Experience with SEN students would be preferable as a Graduate TA/ HLTA/ Teaching Assistant/ Learning Mentor/ Tutor
* Able to build a strong rapport, ambitious, proactive and adaptable Graduate Teaching Assistant/ HLTA/ Learning Mentor/ Tutor
* In date DBS with the update service