Behaviour Support Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant/ ASD
£60 - £75 daily rate Depending on the experience. This is a long term January 2019 post
Are you an experienced SEN or ASD Teaching Assistant who is looking for a new opportunity? Are you passionate about making a difference and working with special needs children in a mainstream secondary school?
Forward -thinking Southwark Secondary School. This is an excellent opportunity to start at a school where you have an opportunity to put your stamp in the SEN department in this mainstream school. Supportive Inclusion Manager and SENCO with a Strong Senior Leadership Team who is passionate about the school with a clear goal for excellence. The SLT at this Secondary School in Southwark have exceptional leadership and managerial capabilities. Teaching at this school is of Good with Outstanding capabilities. Coeducational Inner London Secondary School with inspiring and dedicated pupils who work hard to achieve. This school has a successful team of pastoral & support staff and teachers. This is an over-subscribed secondary school with a strong sixth form.
Presently we are recruiting for a Secondary Mainstream School in the borough of Southwark. The School is located in a deprived part of Southwark and has a number of Inner London students. You will have a minimum of 6 months as an SEN Teaching Assistant / ASD Teaching Assistant. You would be working with students on a 1:2:1 basis as well as within small groups. The successful SEN Teaching Assistant / ASD Teaching Assistant will be patient, consistent, adaptable and able to build a strong rapport with their students.
* Degree or SEN Qualification for this SEN Teaching Assistant / ASD Teaching Assistant post
* Previous experience of supporting students with SEN / ASD in a mainstream or SEN school.
* Can build a strong rapport with students on a 1:2:1 and small groups
* Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment.
* Reliable & punctual in the SEN department
* Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
* Ability to develop rapport with SENindividuals
* Adaptable, Flexible, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN as an SEN or ASD Teaching Assistant