Large coeducational Bromley Secondary is recruiting for a Subject Leader in Science. Permanent September 2019 appointment. This is a highly reputable & well established and Bromley School.
This is a Good School with high achieving students . Exceptional Head who is a true visionary, leader and manager. This Head has a successful career history & an experienced SLT member. This is an over-subscribed Secondary School in Bromley with an aesthetically pleasing and architecturally historic building. Motivated Head who has a sense of pride for this school. The Senior Leadership Team is very strong. This school has an excellent CPD program and are always happy to progress teachers who apply themselves and are ambitious. Very strong wok ethic & ethos and this is mirrored in the school. Students know what is expected of them so there is little to no disruption in lessons and any slight behaviour issues is dealt with swiftly. Teaching is consistent and is Good to Outstanding.
In September 2019, the school would like to appoint an experienced Science Teacher / Teacher of Science for a Subject Leader in Science post. The successful Subject Lead in Science (TLR or Leadership Scale) must have managed a team in a well managed Science department. You must be able to teach a minimum of KS3 & KS4, (A Levels and BTEC would be beneficial). This is a well run science department and as such requires an experienced Science Teacher / Teacher of Science who has held a TLR post to be considered. You will have a teaching qualification that must be recognised within the UK. Due to expansion in the school this role has arisen.
This Subject Leader of Science post holds a TLR OR Leadership Scale, depending on experience
* Must have a Secondary Teaching Certificate (PGCE, QTS, SCITT, Teach First, QTS, etc)
* Can teach Science at a minimum of KS3 & KS4 (KS5 desirable)
* Good to Outstanding Lesson experienced Science Teacher / Teacher of Science
* Either an; Experienced Science Teacher / Teacher of Science / Subject Leader in Science / Science Coordinator /2IC Science / Head of Science / TLR post
* You will have Secondary Mainstream Teaching Experience in successful science department
* You must be able to build a strong rapport with your students, be inspiring, & engaging
* Strong STEM background as a Subject Leader of Science / Science Teacher / teacher of Science
* Have managed a science team