Exuberant & popular college in the borough of Bexley is recruiting for more than one short term or a long term Learning Support Assistant (LSA). Immediate/ January 2019 positions!
Exemplary & thriving college with a successful Head. The Senior leadership team and SEN department are supportive. The teaching and pastoral support at this college is second to no one. They are inspiring and dedicated to a high degree. It is important that all new support & teaching staff are able to offer good to outstanding support within this college. Pupils essentially know what is expected of them and some require additional support. This is dependent on their SEN (Special Educational Needs) requirements. There are pupils who would require support which would essentially differ depending on their individual needs. Most importantly the support required could be to do with behavioural needs, personal needs or academic requirements.
At present time, the client is recruiting for someone either to start immediately or for a January 2019 start. They are looking for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to work with pupils either in either small groups or a 1-2-1 basis. There are short term and long term posts at this college for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) and would suit either an experienced Learning Support Assistant / TA / Learning Mentor / Teaching Assistant or a Graduate Teaching Assistant. To be successful for either an LSA / TA / Teaching Assistant / Learning Mentor or a Graduate Teaching Assistant you can demonstrate or have experience working with either SEN, secondary school or college students. Its imperative that you are articulate and focused an can build a strong rapport with pupils. Essentially you are inspiring, adaptable, flexible about education, can lead with clarity & clear example. For this long term and short term roles as a Graduate Teaching Assistant/ Teaching Assistant/ HLTA/ TA/ Learning Mentor/ Tutor you will be liaising with your manager would be either the SENCO or Inclusion Manager.
* Must hold a degree ( ie BA, BSc/ MSc/ MA/ BEd etc)
* Can demonstrate on your CV that you have experience either working with Secondary School or College Students (KS4 and/or A Levels)
* Must be either a Graduate Teaching Assistant/ HLTA/ TA/ Learning Mentor/ Tutor etc
* Preferable but not essential for you to have experience with SEN students as a Graduate Teaching Assistant/ HLTA/ TA/ Learning Mentor/ Tutor.
* Can build a strong rapport with your pupils, flexible, proactive, ambitious and an adaptable Graduate Teaching Assistant/ HLTA/ Learning Mentor/ Tutor
* In date DBS with the update service