Larger than average coeducational mainstream Southwark secondary school is recruiting for a Behaviour Support Co-Teacher / experienced SEN Teaching Assistant / Behaviour Mentor who can work with KS3 – KS4 inclusion pupils. This is a temp to perm post to commence immediately.
Graded good by ofsted, this mainstream Southwark secondary school has excellent and state-of-the-art facilities and a supportive SEN and Inclusion department. At the heart of the community they are very much an innovative & creative secondary school. They have a strong ethos and have made some excellent changes within the school and inclusion. Given the geographical area, this school is in a deprived part of Southwark, where there are elements of external challenges. This school has some excellent link is with both internal and external partnerships. They teach through the Key stages with a good sixth form. Over the years, this school has gone through systematic change and is going in the right direction. This school has an inspiring & ambitious Head with a successful background in education. They have a strong pastoral team and support staff with a successful SENCO and Inclusion Manager.
Currently this secondary school would like to recruit a co-teacher / experienced SEN Teaching Assistant / Behaviour Mentor to work within the Inclusion department. They are looking for someone with a background in counselling/ CBT/ Psychology/ Youth Community work (JNC) or youth work as they would be doing 1-1 and small group sessions with students. The inclusion team are dedicated, consistent and aim to make a real difference in young people lives. In addition they endeavour to ensure that students achieve their full potential. To be successful in this inclusion co-teacher/ SEN Teaching Assistant /Behaviour Mentor post you will have a relevant degree preferably in counselling/psychology or sociology). Presently they are looking for a KS3 to KS4 inclusion Co-Teacher / SEN TA / Teaching Assistant / Behaviour Mentor who can work with students on a 1-2-1 basis and in small groups. You would be working with vulnerable students who given the area are currently in the inclusion department. You must be able to build a strong rapport with your pupils, consistent in your delivery and able to build a strong rapport with these students. This is a full time temp to perm position.
* Relevant Degree (ie Sociology/ Psychology/ Youth work/ counselling etc)
* Experience working in secondary education in inclusion as a Co-teacher /Teaching Assistant /Behaviour Mentor / SEN Teaching Assistant
* SEN TA / Behaviour Mentor / Co Teacher/ CBT / Youth Community experience with KS3 & KS4 students
* Experience with vulnerable students in inclusion and working with them on both a 1:1 basis and within small groups
* You will be in close proximity to either Southwark or South East London
* Mainstream inclusion Secondary School experience as a Co-teacher /Teaching Assistant /Behaviour Mentor / SEN Teaching Assistant
* You can build a strong rapport with pupils as an inclusion Co-teacher /Teaching Assistant /Behaviour Mentor / SEN Teaching Assistant
To avoid disappointment please submit your updated CV ASAP