Exciting opportunity for a Popular Community based secondary mainstream College located in Bexley. Currently they are recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) for 1-2-1 work with a student in the spectrum unit. Immediate Start for this role.
This is a successful College, with supportive staff. Ambitious Head who has implemented new & exciting strategies. The Head is inspirational, focused and dedicated with experience of running a successful College. Exciting opportunity to join a College in Bexley where new members of staff can put their ‘stamp’ in the department. The support staff at this College are invaluable and work hard to ensure that the vulnerable students are taken care off. They have a variety of courses from GCSE, BTEC, A Levels and Diplomas.
The client is recruiting for a LSA who ideally has experience as a Teaching Assistant/ TA/ LSA/ Learning Support Assistant. They would potentially look either an experienced LSA or a Graduate Teaching Assistant / Grad TA. It is imperative that on your CV you can show experience working with SEN students at secondary and or college level. This long term & full time post is to commence immediately. The successful Learning Support Assistant (LSA)) / TA / Teaching Assistant / Graduate Teaching Assistant / Grad TA / LSA / will be working 1-2-1 with a student in the spectrum unit at this mainstream College. The successful LSA/ Teaching Assistant / TA/ Graduate TA / Graduate Teaching Assistant / LSA must be able to be personable, able to build a rapport with students & must be firm but fair with behaviour. You will have worked in either a secondary mainstream College or an SEN College.
* Must have a degree with a minimum of a 2:1
* Must have a strong academic background
* Either an experienced OR Grad LSA /Teaching Assistant / Grad TA/ Grad Teaching Assistant/ SEN/ Youth Worker / Learning Support Assistant
* Experience working with Secondary School or College students
* Some experience with SEN students and would be favourable if you have Autism & SEN experience
* As a LSA you must be patient and willing to go the extra mile in order to see the students exceed to their highest potential.
* Must be an articulate, clear & concise communicator for this Learning Support Assistant (LSA)/ Teaching Assistant role
* The successful Learning Support Assistant must be firm but fair with behaviour
* Clear & In date DBS with the update service