Academically driven and reputable secondary school in the borough of Sutton is recruiting for a part-time Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths (MPS or UPS). This post is to start in September 2018.
Exceptional and highly academic secondary school boasts an excellent site with great facilities and ethos. They teach through the Key Stages up to a successful Sixth Form. Inspiring and effective teachers who lead their classes with clear example and clarity. Their teaching is consistent and range from Good to Outstanding. New MPS or UPS teachers appointed at the school must be able to demonstrate a minimum of a ‘good’ lesson. Students t this school are articulate, consistent and focused in their learning and education. This is very much a secondary school with a sense of pride and community.
Exciting new long term appointment at this successful Sutton school for either an NQT or Experienced part time Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths (MPS or UPS). You must be an excellent practitioner who has a strong STEM background. It is pertinent that the successful; Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths has a mainstream, teaching qualification (PGCE/ GTP/ Teach First/ SCITT/ QTS/ QTLS) The successful practitioner must have experience teaching in a UK school and with a great understanding of the UK curriculum. In addition it is essential that you are able to build a great rapport with your students, enthuse and engage them to achieve. You will be able to plan and deliver well planned and delivered lessons for this part time and long term post. Very well run and managed maths department with a successful Head of Maths.
The successful part time Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths will have the following:
* Must be either a Secondary or Post 16 Trained Maths Teacher (PGCE/ GTP/ Teach First/ SCITT/ QTS/ QTLS)
* Must be able to teach a minimum of KS3 & KS4 ( up to A Levels are desirable)
* Good to Outstanding Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths
* Strong STEM background & Sound subject knowledge
* NQT or Experienced Maths Teacher (MPS or UPS)
* Experience teaching in a mainstream secondary school & excellent knowledge of the UK curriculum as a Maths Teacher