Innovative & Creative Coeducational school within the borough of Lewisham is recruiting for a permanent Head of Chemistry. New full time permanent appointment to start in January 2019
***MPS or UPS with TLR***
***Inner London Salary***
Ofsted rated Good & successful culturally diverse school with good behaviour. Students know what is expected of them. In addition students respond well to good to outstanding teachers who can teach inspiring, fun and engaging lessons. They have a strong discipline procedure so if any student misbehaves, the behaviour is swiftly dealt with. This school has a strong Senior Leadership Team who has exemplary leadership & managerial capabilities. Students feel safe and enjoy attending school. Inspiring and focused Headteacher who has a great professional background. Essentially the Head is determined to continue making this school a success. This school boasts a strong ethos and it is very much a community based. They also boast a successful sixth form. Modern building inside and out with state of the art facilities.
New exciting opportunity has arisen & currently they are recruiting for a well qualified & experienced Science Teacher / Teacher of Science for this post. The successful Head of Chemistry must have a proven track record of a good to outstanding practice in teaching. As an experienced Science Teacher / Teacher of Science you must have some leadership and managerial capabilities and have some experience managing a team (TLR post). It is imperative that for this appointment you also have a strong STEM background, UK recognised teaching qualification & excellent knowledge of the UK curriculum. In addition, you must be able to build a strong rapport with both your pupils and your team. The successful practitioner will either be an experienced; Science Coordinator/ Chemistry Teacher / Teacher of Chemistry / Science Teacher / Teacher of Science or already a Head of Chemistry. As Head of Chemistry your teaching experience must be a minimum of at KS3 & KS4, KS5 would be desirable.
To be short listed for this permanent Post;
* Secondary Mainstream Teaching Certificate (PGCE/GTP/QTS/ CertEd etc)
* Secondary School experience has been in a mainstream Secondary School
* Sound knowledge and strong STEM background of the UK curriculum
* Your teaching must be a minimum of KS3 & KS4
* You will either be an experienced Chemistry Teacher / Teacher of Chemistry/ Head of Chemistry/ 2IC Science / Coordinator etc
* You are engaging & able to inspire & build a rapport with your students
* Good to Outstanding Practitioner
* Excellent Leadership and Managerial experience for this Head of Chemistry post