Innovative, Inner London and Creative Southwark secondary school is currently recruiting for a permanent Second in Charge (2IC) Maths Teacher. This role is to commence in September 2018.
This is an over-subscribed secondary school in Southwark. The Principal is focused, dynamic and is an inspirational leader. The Principal has a successful track record of running successful schools and implementing new and robust strategies. They have an exemplary SLT in place that have their own individual strengths to the success of the school. This Southwark secondary school has been through changes and definitely going in the right direction. Fantastic time to start at a school as you can make a difference in a school and department. The school is very focused on Teaching and Learning and this is echoed throughout the school. Students respond well to well structured, engaging lessons where they are praised and enthused. The teaching at this school is Good to Outstanding and imperative that it is mirrored throughout the school and for new teaching staff.
Due to new strategic planning and promotion, a new appointment is available for a Second in Charge Maths Teacher for September 2018 at This Southwark school. This is a full time and permanent Second in Charge Maths Teacher / Maths Teacher position. This role would suit an experienced Maths Teacher or an already Second in Charge Maths Teacher. This post offers either MPS or UPS with a good TLR. You must have taught in a mainstream secondary school at a minimum of Key Stage 3 & 4 (KS5 desirable). It is imperative that you have a secondary teaching certificate (ie QTS, PGCE, GTP, ITT etc). It is important that you have strong leadership and managerial qualities, strong STEM background and able to lead a team successfully and effectively as Second in Charge Maths Teacher (2IC)/ Teacher of Maths. You will have an excellent track record of assessment for learning and teaching and learning. This role needs a strong leader who is decisive, firm but fair. This is an excellent time to start where you can make a difference to the department and where you can essentially make your mark as Second in Charge Maths Teacher as an experienced Maths Teacher/Teacher of Maths.
* Must have a secondary teaching certificate (PGCE, ITT, GTP, QTS)
* Must have Secondary mainstream school Maths Teacher experience.
* Able to teach a minimum of KS3 &4 Maths
* Good to Outstanding experienced Teacher of Maths/ 2IC/ HOD.
* You will either be in a similar post OR looking for the next step into a HOD role (ie currently a coordinator /2IC etc)
* Able to teach a Good to Outstanding lesson as a Second in Charge / 2IC / HOD
* Excellent leader and manager and experience in managing a team as an experienced Maths Teacher / HOD.
* Able to enthuse, engage and inspire your students with fun and Creative lessons