Innovative and Creative Inner London Salary Southwark Secondary School. Larger than average and popular school is currently recruiting for either an NQT or Experienced MPS or UPS secondary trained Science Teacher/ Teacher of Science. This is a full time & permanent September 2018 appointment.
Popular & vibrant school with high expectations that have been set. Rated Good via Ofsted and in addition the 6th form is good and students make good progress. Strong and consistent Senior Leadership Team. Students respond well to positive reinforcement and teachers who are passionate about their subject and in addition fun and engaging lessons. New teachers who join this community based school will be adaptable and able to offer a minimum of a ‘good’ lesson. The percentage of pupils who achieve good GCSE grades in both Maths & English has been at least above average. Pastoral care and support at this school has been outstanding.
A new appointment has arisen for a full time, permanent (UK recognised) secondary trained & qualified Science Teacher / Teacher of Science (PGCE/ SCITT/GTP/QTS/Teach First). This position would suit either an NQT or Experienced MPS or UPS Science Teacher / Teacher of Science. You will be a good to outstanding practitioner and teacher. It is imperative that you have a strong STEM background and focused on teaching and learning. At the end of each of the lessons, students much have learned something. The successful Science Teacher / Teacher of Science will be focused and able to teach engaging, well planned, delivered and inspiring lessons. To be considered for this Science Teacher / Teacher of Science role, you will be able to teach a minimum of KS3 & KS4 mainstream school experience (KS5 advantageous).
* UK recognised Secondary Teaching Certificate (PGCE/GTP/SCITT/Teach First/ QTS)
* Your Science Teaching Experience must be in a mainstream Secondary School
* Minimum KS3 & KS4 Science Teacher (A Levels Advantageous).
* Can demonstrate a ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ lesson
* Sound knowledge & a strong STEM background & Excellent understanding of the UK curriculum
* Able to demonstrate clear, concise and engaging lessons
* NQT or Experienced Science Teacher (MPS or UPS)