Over-subscribed, vibrant Secondary School in the borough of Lewisham is recruiting for a permanent Teacher of Geography. This post is to start in September 2018.
This is a thriving secondary school located in Lewisham with an ambitious and focused Head. This school has excellent transport links and ample parking. Teaching within this school, you will be a Good to Outstanding teaching and practitioner within this school. This needs to be mirrored with all new teachers. In the heart of the community, this Lewisham school has come a long way, with an ambitious Head and SLT. In addition they teach up to sixth form in the school. This school in Lewisham is continually looking to develop their students as professionals and getting them ready for life outside of school. Students at this school respond well to inspiring, engaging, fun and consistent teaching. The Senior Leadership Team & Middle Managers are supportive. This is an excellent time to join a school where you can put your stamp in the department.
This is an excellent new opportunity for either an NQT or Experienced practitioner (MPS or UPS) and specialist in Geography. This secondary school would like to employ a Geography Teacher / Teacher of Geography on a permanent appointment. The school believes that an excellent Geography provision balances academic rigour, fieldwork and a range of opportunities outside the curriculum. The school would like to appointment a MPS or UPS Geography Teacher / Teacher of Geography / Humanities Teacher who is passionate about their subject with sound subject knowledge and a great understanding of T&L and Assessment for Learning. . The newly appointed Teacher of Geography/ Geography Teacher must be able to teach a 'good' to 'outstanding' lesson. You will be able to teach Geography at a minimum of KS3 & KS4 (up to A Levels would be desirable but not imperative for this appointment). All teachers are valued and this school has excellent NQT and CPD Programs. This is an inner London MPS or UPS Geography Teacher post. This job would suit a teacher who can lead inspiring and engaging lessons.
What they are looking for…
* Secondary mainstream teaching certificate (ie PGCE, QTS, Teach First, SCITT, GTP etc)
* Geography Teacher / Humanities Teacher experience must be in a Secondary mainstream school
* Must be able to teach a minimum of KS3 & KS4 as a well qualified Geography Teacher (UK curriculum)
* NQT or Experienced Geography Teacher (MPS or UPS)
* Able to demonstrate an Inspiring, enthusiastic, engaging lesson
* Able to build a strong rapport with your pupils as a Geography Teacher / Teacher of Geography
* ‘Good' to 'Outstanding' Geography Teacher / Teacher of Geography