Popular Secondary School in the borough of Lewisham (South East London), is recruiting for a permanent Teaching and Learning Lead in English (Experienced English Teacher with TLR). This is a full time appointment to commence in September 2018.
The school...Popular and larger than average Lewisham Secondary School. Excellent transport links and free parking. This is very much a community based school in Lewisham with an inspirational and focused Headteacher. This is very much an innovative and creative secondary school. This school strives for excellence and look for Good to Outstanding teaching within the school. This school in Lewisham is continually looking to develop their students as professionals and getting them ready for life outside of school. The Head is ambitious, inspirational with exceptional vision for the school. The Senior Leadership Team & Middle Managers are in addition excellent practitioners in the school.
The Head would like to employ a Teaching and Learning Lead in English / experienced English Teacher / Teacher of English for permanent Head of English position for September 2018. The new Teaching and Learning Lead in English will have a proven track record of managing a team, assertive, dedicated and a strong leader to his/ her staff. You will also be inspirational and ambitious and able to demonstrate this in school. You will have exceptional experience in teaching and learning. You will be a Good to Outstanding English Teacher / Teacher of English/ 2IC / Head of English / AST etc. This position requires a English Teacher / Coordinator/ AST who has a track record of improving teaching & learning across the Key Stages. This full time permanent appointment would require a successful practitioner. This post would suit someone who is either an experienced English Teacher / Coordinator/ 2IC OR already a Teaching and Learning Lead in English.
What they are looking for...
* Secondary Teaching Certificate (for Mainstream Education)
* Experienced Teacher (NOT an EAL/ESOL/ TEFL etc post)
* Either a Teaching and Learning Lead in English Head of English/ 2IC English/ English Coordinator or In a Similar Post
* Mainstream School Teaching Experience
* Outstanding Subject Knowledge of the English Curriculum
* Must be able to demonstrate a 'Good' to 'Outstanding' lesson
* Excellent leadership, Managerial experience running a team
* Strong Commitment to Inspiring Students