Exciting opportunity for a Popular Community based secondary mainstream school located in Croydon. Currently they are recruiting for a SEN TA for 1-2-1 work with a student in the spectrum unit. This is a long term position to commence in September 2018.
This is a forward thinking coeducational secondary school, with supportive staff. Ambitious Head who has implemented new strategies to ensure that attainment and achievement of pupils increases. The Head is inspirational, focused and dedicated to turning this school round. This is an exciting opportunity to join a school where new members of staff can put their ‘stamp’ in the department. The support staff at this secondary school are invaluable and work hard to ensure that the vulnerable students are taken care off. This schools offers subjects from KS3 to KS4.
The client is recruiting for an SEN TA who ideally has experience as a Teaching Assistant/ TA/ LSA/ Learning Support Assistant. They would potentially look at a Graduate Teaching Assistant / Grad TA but imperative that on their CV they can show experience working with SEN students at secondary level. This long term & full time post is to commence in January 2018. The successful SEN TA / TA / Teaching Assistant / Graduate Teaching Assistant / Grad TA / LSA / Learning Support Assistant will be working 1-2-1 with a student in the spectrum unit at this mainstream secondary school. The successful SEN TA / Teaching Assistant / TA/ Graduate TA / Graduate Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant / LSA must be able to be personable, able to build a rapport with students & must be firm but fair with behaviour. You will have worked in either a secondary mainstream school or an SEN school.
To be considered for this SEN TA post, you must pass the following;
* Must have a degree with a minimum of a 2:1
* Must have a strong academic background
* Strong SEN TA/ Teaching Assistant / Grad TA/ Grad Teaching Assistant/ SEN/ LSA/ Learning Support Assistant / Youth Worker
* Experience working with Secondary school students (KS3 &KS4 minimum)
* Some experience with SEN students and would be favourable if you have Autism & SEN experience
* As an SEN TA, you must be patient and willing to go the extra mile in order to see the students exceed to their highest potential.
* Must be an articulate, clear & concise communicator for this SEN TA/ Teaching Assistant/ LSA/ Learning Support Assistant role
* The successful SEN TA/ LSA/ Learning Support Assistant must be firm but fair with behaviour