Prestigious & highly reputable secondary school in the borough of Croydon is recruiting for a Learning Support Coordinator. This is a full time and permanent appointment to commence in September 2018.
Academically driven secondary school, highly motivated staff and a great school ethos. The Headteacher in this leafy Croydon secondary school has excellent vision, clear goals and aspirations. Senior Leadership are supportive and excel within their respectable roles. The school aims to give their pupils the confidence & determination to succeed. This school teaches though the Key Stages up to Sixth form. Pupils are engaged, focused and inquisitive in this Croydon secondary school. They are able to communicate effectively and with great guidance can work dependently as well as within groups. Essentially the teaching at this school is of ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’ quality. The teaching is also consistent, with excellent planning and delivery of lessons.
Exciting new job opportunity has arisen for a Learning Support Coordinator / SEN Coordinator / SEND Coordinator. Full time permanent post to commence in September 2018. The successful Learning Support Coordinator will be working in the SEN department and reporting to Senior Leadership. This is a managerial post, so it is imperative that the successful Learning Support Coordinator / SEN Coordinator / SEND Coordinator has experience within a secondary school managing a team. The Learning Support Co-ordinator / SEND Coordinator / support coordinator post encompasses the support of the SLT & the Governing body, responsibility for the daily process & provision made by the school for students with specific educational (SEN) needs. You will also provide professional guidance in order to secure high quality teaching and the effective use of resources to bring about improved standards of achievement of all students and committed to safeguarding. This is a Teaching & Learning position, so imperative that you have experience in this.
To be short listed you must pass the following;
* Degree or the equivalent for this post
* Experience in assessing support for students with additional support requirements
* Experience & ability in managing a team (Learning Assistants across the school)
* Promoting aspects of inclusive teaching as a Learning Support Coordinator
* Secondary or Primary experience in a similar school (working through the Key Stages)
* Experience in liaising with the Headteacher and meeting responsibilities for SEN statements
* Strong experience within a SEND / SEN Department as a support coordinator
* Experience in a similar post