Forward Thinking Bexley Secondary School is recruiting for a Subject Lead of Science. You will be an experienced Science Teacher who is focused on teaching & learning. Full time and permanent September 2018 appointment.
This secondary Bexley School teaches from through the Key Stages up to 6 form. This is a medium sized community based secondary school. Inspiring Principal and SLT at this cutting edge. This school is located in a disadvantaged area and the proportion of students that are eligible for free school meals is more than twice the national average. The government’s floor standards for minimum levels of attainment and progress have been met since the last inspection. The Headteacher has run this Bexley School has a tremendous vision, goals and aspirations for this school. The school has had extensive refurbishment and state of the art facilities. They have an excellent pastoral team and incredible effective and supportive support staff.
This is a full term permanent September 2018 Subject Lead in Science post. This Bexley Secondary School would like to appoint an experienced Senior Science Teacher / Teacher of Science / AST Science / Physics Teacher / Biology Teacher / Chemistry Teacher. This is a school with a strong presence within the community. They would like to appoint an inspirational and ambitious experienced leader who is a successful Science Teacher / Teacher of Science who has a strong STEM background. It is imperative that the successful applicant can demonstrate Outstanding Classroom Practice. Essentially this post would require someone who has a track record of improving a Science department across the Key Stages. This role would require a forward thinking & successful Science Teacher / Teacher of Science / Biology Teacher / Chemistry Teacher / Teacher of Chemistry / Physics Teacher / Head of Science
* UK Recognised Secondary Teaching Certificate (QTS/SCITT/CertEd/PGCE/Teach First)
* Experience as either a Science Teacher /Subject Lead in Science /HOD/ 2IC/ Experienced / AST/ Teacher of Science
* Sound knowledge of your subject
* Outstanding Knowledge of the Curriculum as an experienced Science Teacher
* Must be able to demonstrate a 'Good' to 'Outstanding' lesson
* Excellent leadership, Managerial experience and qualities
* Creative, Imaginative & Forward Thinking
* Excellent Track Record of Improving a Department
* Strong STEM background & UK classroom teaching experience