A ‘Good’ rated and co-educational Secondary School in the borough of Brent is looking to recruit a Head of Transition with Year 7 Lead. This teaching appointment is to commence in September 2018 and is a full time/permanent position with MPS to UPS Outer London salary.
This secondary school in Brent has achieved an Ofsted rating of ‘Good’ and is looking to continue building on their success by recruiting a Good to Outstanding Head of Transition with Year 7 Lead. The quality of the leadership is seen as being excellent, the school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development, behaviour and welfare is strong and student’s behaviour is seen as excellent. In turn the secondary School also provides an inclusive teaching community and a consistent professional development for all their staff.
The Transition Class aims to support pupils who find the transition from primary to secondary school difficult. The school support students with a range of difficulties, both academic and behavioural and offer induction training, subject support, a themed curriculum directly linked to key stage 3 subjects, organisational help, learning techniques and behaviour management strategies. Evidence shows that this reduces disruption and equips students with the necessary skills to access education.
Teachers must want to work with vulnerable and less able students, having a good understanding of social, emotional, behavioural and medical issues. In addition you will need good organisational skills and classroom management skills and differentiate the curriculum.
Your responsibilities will include the following;
* To liaise with Primary Schools to identify pupils who have experienced difficulties in Primary school. To provide a curriculum tailored to the needs of the pupil.
* To prevent pupils becoming disruptive or disaffected in mainstream education.
* To raise achievement levels and self-esteem.
* To equip pupils with the necessary strategies to access help and the confidence to do so.
* The work of the transition class will encourage and support the pupil to access mainstream education at the earliest possible date.
* Pupils will benefit from additional T.A. support whilst in the transition class.
If you enjoy working at one of the most state-of-the-art schools in the area please do not hesitate to send me your CV.