Modern & state of the art Secondary School in the borough of Lewisham is recruiting for a Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths (MPS or UPS). Full time temp to perm post to start straight away.
This is a coeducational secondary school with mixed ability students. Supportive and dedicated school with a strong Senior Leadership Team. The department would welcome an NQT or experienced Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths for this appointment. For NQTs, there is an excellent programme that they offer in supporting new teachers! For experienced teachers they are also supportive. The principal provides strong and uncompromising leadership. The principal is supported by senior leaders, governors and staff, who share the same passion and determination for continuous improvement.
There has been a rapid improvement in the proportion of students achieving five or more A* to C grades, including English and mathematics. Students do exceptionally well in mathematics because many make more levels of progress than
is expected of them.
To be shortlisted for this Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths you will need to pass the following criteria:
* UK recognised Secondary teaching qualification
* Excellent knowledge of the UK Curriculum
* Must be able to teach a minimum of KS3 & GCSE Maths (KS5 beneficial but not essential)
* Must be a MPS or UPS Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths
* Strong STEM background
* Must be able to teach a ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’ lesson
* Adaptable, Flexible and professional Maths Teacher / Teacher of Maths