ASD Teaching Assistant Job in Harrow
A large mainstream primary school in Harrow is currently recruiting for experienced ASD teaching assistant to work on a full time basis. The ideal candidate will join the school on a long term supply basis starting ASAP.
**ASD Teaching Assistant
**Long Term Job
**Pay £60-£80 per day
**Mainstream primary school
Are you looking for a full time Teaching Assistant job?
Do you have prior experience working with SEN (ASD) children?
A mainstream primary school based in the London borough of Harrow has an opening for a Teaching Assistant to work on a 1:1 basis with an Autistic child. The child requires constant supervision as well as a creative approach to teaching.
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience of working with SEN (ASD) students and have a strong desire of getting involved in every aspect of the school. Experience with children and young adults that have autism at varying levels on the spectrum would be preferable.
The school require a Teaching Assistant to:
* Assess individual learning needs and working on a group basis.
• Prepare materials, equipment and lessons.
• Assessing and reporting on individual pupils' progress.
• Assisting with the personal care needs of pupils.
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and Healthcare professionals.
• Working alongside and advising learning support assistants.
Other experience and qualifications preferable:
* Confidence in working with and communicating PECs & Makaton
• Team Teach qualified
The school can offer the successful Teaching Assistant:
* Excellent pay rates.
• A Professional and supportive SLT.
• Experience working with SEN children and a platform for a career in education
• Experience working alongside outstanding teachers
If you feel you are suitable for this Teaching Assistant job and have relevant ASD experience I want to hear from you!
Apply today by emailing your CV to Servoca Education. Successful Applicants will be subject to references and an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for a Protocol DBS.