A renowned Secondary School in is recruiting for an English Teacher / Teacher of English. This full time appointment is to commence with immediate start.
* Do you want to work in an Ofsted ‘Good’ School in Enfield?
* Are you looking for a position from September 2017?
* New and exciting job opportunity for a KS3 and KS4 English Teacher / Teacher of English
* Outer London MPS to UPS salary
* Clear progression and development opportunities
This co-educational and multicultural school in Enfield has achieved an Ofsted rating of ‘Good’ and is looking to build on this current success by adding a strong English Teacher or Newly Qualified Teacher of English. The school is looking to join their growing English department with immediate start.
The school has a very strong leadership which is very supportive and prioritises staff wellbeing to ensure that the workload isn’t too much for any of the teachers. The school emphasizes the importance of school learning and interactions. It has also achieved excellent GCSE and A-level results in 2017 which are above the national average. The school secured an impressive 87% overall pass rate at A Level, including the new format A Levels with 10% of students achieving the highest A*-A grades.
All students and teachers work well together supported by a strong leadership team to ensure that progress and behaviour levels are kept high which also reflect academic excellence.
This is an exciting job opportunity for an English Teacher. The successful candidate will either be Secondary trained by holding a UK QTS or an overseas teaching qualification. It is imperative that the English Teacher / Teacher of English can deliver a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ class on a consistent o keep up with the current teaching standards. The successful English Teacher will teach the students about the different forms of literature: prose, drama and poetry. As a class, you will explore the world of literature, from Shakespeare to Steinbeck. You will demonstrate strong presence yet also great enthusiasm and a keen passion for education as an English Teacher / Teacher of English!
What they are looking for...
* Must have proven experience as a KS3 or KS4 English Teacher / Teacher of English
* Must have an ability to employ a range of effective teaching and learning styles
* The ability to establish good working relationships and show effective teamwork.
* Must have experience teaching in a Secondary School as English Teacher
* Able to demonstrate a 'Good' to 'Outstanding' lesson
If this sounds like the next career opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to contact me and send your updated CV.