Exciting opportunity for a long term Head of English for an exceptional Bromley Secondary School. This post is to start in September 2017.
Ofsted Outstanding, Mixed Secondary School in the borough of Bromley. Focused & ambitious Head who has been working closely with SLT and governors effectively to ensure the safety of all pupils. This school teaches through the Key Stages with a strong and successful sixth form. This is an excellent time to join a school where you can essentially put your ‘stamp’ in the department! The students engage well to inspiring, engaging and dedicated teachers who can build an excellent rapport with them. This Bromley School is looking for Good to Outstanding practitioners, who are passionate about making a difference.
Due to career progression this long appointment has been made available. For the successful Head of English, this post could turn into a permanent appointment. The Head would like to employ an experienced English Teacher for a initially a long term HOD post. The successful experienced English Teacher / Teacher of English / 2IC will be inspirational and ambitious & can essentially demonstrate Outstanding Classroom Practice. Essentially this post would require someone who has a track record of improving an English department across the Key Stages. This role would require a forward thinking & successful English Teacher / Teacher of English / HOD. This post would suit someone who is either an experienced English Teacher (NOT an EAL/EFL/ESL, ESOL etc post)/ Coordinator/ 2IC OR Head of English.
What they are looking for...
* Must have a UK recognised Teaching Qualification (PGCE/ QTS/ GTP etc)
* Experienced English Teacher / Head of English (NOT and EAL/ TESOL/ EFL/ESL etc post)
* Either a Head of English/ 2IC / Coordinator / English Teacher / AST
* Mainstream School Teaching
* Excellent Track Record of Improving a Department
* Exceptional Subject Knowledge of the Curriculum
* Able to demonstrate a 'Good' to 'Outstanding' lesson
* Impeccable Managerial, Leadership experience and qualities
* Inspirational, Creative & Enthusing practitioner