Special Needs Teaching Assistant (September 2017)
An ‘Outstanding’ Primary school in Wandsworth are searching for two teaching assistants to join them in September 2017 on a long-term contract. The Primary school are searching for graduate candidates with a strong educational background.
The role will be varied but your primary purpose will be to support students with a variety of SEN one to one. The SEN children will include needs such as ASD, global delay and dyslexia. Strong behaviour management skills would be beneficial to this role. You will be working 1:1 with SEN children on the activities set by the teacher for the whole class. The children will be from Reception age up to Year 6. Primary schools in Wandsworth are mostly mainstream and therefore have pupils with a range of different learning difficulties such as; mild to moderate Autism, learning difficulties ADHD, SEMH and Aspergers.
Graduate Teaching Assistant must:
* Work well as a part of a team and using your own initiative
* Be available full time.
* Be able to travel to Wandsworth
* Be educated to a degree level
* Level 3 or above qualified
Desirably the Teaching Assistant will:
* Experience as a teaching assistant
* Have experience working with children whether it be as a nanny, youth work, previous teaching assistant experience or will sports
* Have experience with SEN children whether it be in or out the classroom
* Offer something extra to the school e.g. participation in sports, music or drama
Working as a teaching assistant is a rewarding role for a person with a caring and compassionate attitude. In these type of roles, you will be required to provide effective emotional, personal and social support to help develop social interaction skills. You will be a positive role model at all times and be able to support children aged 4-11 with class work including communication, language, literacy and numeracy.
If you have the required qualifications and experience for this teaching assistant position please do send through your updated CV as soon as possible.