SEN Teaching Assistants – Visual Impairment & Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) – Required for a school in Hillingdon
Servoca Education are recruiting SEN Teaching assistants to work in an SEN school located in Harrow. The school are looking for friendly dedicated SEN teaching assistants who can support their pupils who have visual impairment and some severe learning difficulties, you will be working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher.
* SEN Teaching Assistants / Learning Support Assistants – Severe Learning Difficulties
* Hillingdon – Full time
* ASAP start
* £70-85 per day, depending on experience
As an SEN teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses (PGCE, Schools Direct and Teach First) to further your experience working within SEN schools.
* Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support in 1:1 or in small groups
* Play a pivotal part in raising attainment throughout the school
* Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
* Making and creating resources
* Helping to raise the attainment of the students
* Supporting the needs of students with SEND
* To work alongside and learn from a talented and supportive team of teachers
* To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
* Adapt techniques to suit learners
* To monitor and track pupil progress
* Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
* NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
* Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND, specifically Severe Learning Difficulties
* Experience supporting those with visual impairment
* A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
* A genuine passion for working with SEND
* Available to commit to at least July 2021
If you are interested, please apply below.
Servoca Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation