1:1 SEN/ASD teaching assistant required for a 'good' primary school in Stepney Green starting ASAP.
1:1 SEN/ASD Teaching Assistant - ASAP start - Long term/permanent position - £65-£85 per day - Specialist support - Autism/ADHD/ASD
Servoca Education are currently working with a primary school in Stepney Green who are urgently looking for 1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant to support a child in Year 1 with Autism.
Your role will be to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned, to enable them to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them. To aid the pupil to learn effectively as possible both in group situation and their own by;
• Clarifying and explaining instructions
• Ensuring the pupil is able to use equipment and materials provided
• Motivate and encourage the pupil by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks as appropriate to their needs
• Assisting with speech and language, reading spelling, numeracy, handwriting/presentation
• Using praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
• Liaising with class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual education plans, contributing to the planning and delivery.
• Consistently and effectively implementing agreed behaviour management strategies
• Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
A role like this is very rewarding and requires somebody who is empathetic with a good sense of humour. Ideally you will have previous SEN experience working in a school or care environment or have a keen passion to work in this area.
If you're looking for your next role, please apply for this vacancy with an upto date CV or contact Grace Macdonald ASAP on 0207 747 3033 or firstname.lastname@example.org