SEN Teaching Assistant – Autism – Chelsea
Servoca Education are recruiting SEN Teaching Assistants to work in a nursery located in Chelsea. The nursery is looking for friendly dedicated SEN Teaching Assistants who can support their pupils who have Autism, you will be working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher. The nursery is looking for SEN TA’s who are happy to do personal care!
* SEN Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant – Autism
* Kensington & Chelsea – Full time
* September start
* £65-90 per day PAYE, depending on experience
As an SEN teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses, have a background in Psychology or have a genuine passion for working with children or young people with SEN.
* Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support n 1:1 or in small groups
* Play a pivotal part in raising attainment throughout the school
* Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
* Making and creating resources
* Supporting the needs of students with SEND
* To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
* Adapt techniques to suit learners
* To monitor and track pupil progress
* Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
* Feeding and changing
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
* NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent OR experience in an SEN school
* Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND, specially Autism
* PECS and Makaton trained
* A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
* A genuine passion for working with SEND
* Available to commit to at least December 2021
If you are interested, please apply below.
Servoca Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation