SEN LSA - London Borough of Islington
Servoca Education are recruiting SEN LSAs to work in SEN schools located in Islington. The schools are looking for friendly dedicated SEN LSAs who can support their pupils who have special educational needs and disabilities, you will be working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher. If you have knowledge of PECS and Makaton, this will be favoured.
* SEN LSA
* London Borough of Islington – Full time
* ASAP start
* £65-80 per day, depending on experience
As an SEN teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities. This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses (PGCE, Schools Direct and Teach First) to further your experience working within SEN schools.
* Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support n 1:1 or in small groups
* Play a pivotal part in raising attainment throughout the school
* Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
* Making and creating resources
* Helping to raise the attainment of the students
* Supporting the needs of students with SEND
* To work alongside and learn from a talented and supportive team of teachers
* To develop teaching techniques and communication skills
* Adapt techniques to suit learners
* To monitor and track pupil progress
* Take on feedback to continually improve your practice
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join the school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
* NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
* Experience of working with children or young people who have SEND, specially Autism
* PECS and Makaton trained
* A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
* A genuine passion for working with SEND
If you are interested, please apply below.
Servoca Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation